August 4, 2020
Effect of Social Media Marketing on business
Brand Strategy and Identity Development
The basic principle of marketing since ages has been, ‘Be where your customers are’. With changing times, as human beings have evolved, so have our habits. This also includes the way we communicate with our surroundings.
Talking of Marketing, there were times when marketing meant using billboards, ads in newspapers or magazines, or at best-taking ad spots on TV or Radio. But that is now passé. With the internet becoming a part and parcel of our life, how can marketing be left behind? If you speak to a Social Media Marketing company in Delhi, they would be glad to tell you the impact of social media on business. The impact is so huge that no organization can afford not to use social media to reach out to its customers.
Social Media and Business:
You may be a start-up or small business or even a big corporate, everyone needs a regular business. From an online service provider to big retail, social media is vital for everyone.
Social media helps a brand in more ways than one. It helps the brand to connect with its customers, enhances brand awareness, and generates leads and increment sales. Today, more than 3 billion people across the globe use social media for their various needs. Hence, there is no rocket science involved to understand that today social media is required to survive and grow in this competitive business.
Why Social Media is important?
Studies have shown that 7 out of 10 customers, who have had a good social media experience with a brand, are more likely to recommend it to others. This number is enough to prove the importance of social media for any and other kinds of business. So, if you are looking to service your existing customers in a better way, and looking to reach out to new and prospective customers, you may get in touch with a social media marketing company in Delhi and they will tell how you can use social media an effective medium of marketing, both in terms of cost and efficacy.
Given below are few reasons, which highlight the importance of social media:
1. Enhances brand reach: Since social media reaches people across the globe, it helps a brand reach to the customers, which were not known to us hitherto. Today people spend a lot of time on social media and that’s where most people access social media. This ensures that your brand always has a Top of Mind (TOM) recall among your current and potential customers. According to studies, the time investment of just 6 hours a week in social meads gives great results.
2. Increase Website Traffic: One of the biggest benefits of being active on social media is increased traffic on your website. So, if you are looking at increase traffic at your website you need to create a social media presence for your brand. Then all you need is to create a solid combo of engaging content, captivating creative, and a compelling call to action, and be rest assured to get higher traffic on your website.
3. Develops loyal customers: Today all social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Linked, Twitter etc. segregate their users based on various demographic, geographic, and psychographic profiles. With the help of this profiling, they make it easier for marketing companies to target audiences based on their geography, interest, demographics, designation etc. This helps the marketers customize their message according to their target audience and hence develop a loyal set of customers.
4. Provide meaningful insights: Today, understanding consumer behavior is becoming more and more difficult. It’s very difficult to know, which set of customers like our brand and which do not. However, the good news is that all the social media platforms provide complete analytics of people who are visiting your website. This understanding helps the brand to create and plan communications and campaigns for these targeted audiences.
5. Generate quality leads: One of the biggest benefits of using social media is that it helps us to track people who have done some kind of engagement or interaction with our brand. These are people, who are looking to buy your product or service in the near future. Hence they are hot prospects for your brand. Since most leads are high quality, the conversion rate is also very high.
6. Provides first-hand customer feedback: With the use of social media, the customers are able to interact directly with the brand, without any intermediation. So, it helps a brand to get first-hand feedback from its customers regarding product quality, brand image, company reputation and relations with customers. The customers feel that they are heard, and their suggestions are valued. This makes them happy and loyal to the brand.
7. Provides quick customer service: A lot of people do not like the use of IVR for customer relationship management, as it takes them a lot of time to first connect to the call center and then the IVR asks them to key in various codes to get their query resolved. On the other hand, social media offers a customer service which is as quick and personalized as talking with a person face to face. Today people expect customer support within 60 minutes of placing the query, and social media does the job.
In today’s time customers have become very demanding. They want to be in control of everything. Social media provides all the information to the customers on their finger tips and customizes the communication as per their interests.
Due to high brand exposure and a great return on investment social media has become a powerful platform for marketing. The fact that people are spending more and more of their time on social media, every social media marketing company in Delhi recommends using social media, as it opens an infinite opportunity for brands and businesses to promote products and services. It offers an opportunity for the public to find you on social media.